This book is part of a collection called Manifestus Omnivorous:
1. All books are adventures.
2. The adventures must be system-agnostic.
3. The adventures must take place on Earth.
4. The adventures can only have one location.
5. The adventures can only have one monster.
6. The adventures must include saprophagy or osteophagy.
7. The adventures must include a voracious eater.
8. The adventures must have less than 6,666 words.
9. The adventures can only be in two colours.
The lost rule:
10. The adventures cannot have good taste.
Kelvin Green makes one of the most elegant and clever interpretations of the Manifestus Omnivorous to date. Yes, the adventure is set on EARTH – very obviously so. And, yes, the LOCATION is very much ordinary – a remote village called Midwich. But, the one MONSTER is unlike anything you’ve seen: a giant alien terraforming bio-machine that is simply standing in the middle of town, EATING AWAY at the world and spitting out a new environment. Inspired by the likes of the fungal realm in Star Trek and the miasma in Miyazaki’s Nausicaa, the Seed is a pulpy tongue-in-cheek module ready to be plugged in into any existing campaign.
Who is Kelvin?
Kelvin Green is an English illustrator and writer. He is the author of various OSR modules like Forgive Us and Midvinter (LotFP) and, as an illustrator, known for his works in the B/X Companion (Running Beagle Games), The Weird that Befell Drigbolton (Necrotic Gnome) and Barbarians of the Ruined Earth (DIY Productions), amongst others.
What do you get?
The Seed is a system-agnostic module for use with any traditional roleplaying game. Comes with 28 pages in softcover slightly-bigger than A5 size. Fluorescent pink is everywhere.