Before Conan, there was Kull!
OF THAT EPOCH KNOWN BY THE NEMEDIAN CHRONICLERS AS THE PRE-CATACLYSMIC AGE, LITTLE IS KNOWN EXCEPT THE LATTER PART, AND THAT IS VEILED IN THE MISTS OF LEGENDRY.
Here, for the first time in roleplaying gaming, Kull and his world are described in all their savage, dreamlike glory. This alternate setting for Conan roleplaying is the ultimate reference to the Pre- Cataclysmic Age, in the time when the Atlantean barbarian Kull rose to become King of Valusia, greatest of the Seven Empires. Just as Conan and his exploits defined the Hyborian Age, his predecessor Kull shaped the destiny of the Thurian Age. This period, thousands of years prior to Conan’s own, is a time of mystery and magic, a period defined by antiquity and decline, yet shaken to its core by its savage new king, Kull.
In this 120 page full colour book you will find:
- The curious gods and myths of the Thurian Age, including rules for magic and even time travel.
- A gazetteer of the lands of the Thurian Age: the Seven Empires, the untamed Pictish Isles, distant Lemuria, the primitive island of Atlantis from whence came Kull, and the mysterious End of the World.
- A gallery of non-player characters such as Kull and his court: Brule the Spear-slayer, Counselor Tu, and others — as well as enemies as dangerous as the diabolical sorcerer Thulsa Doom.
- New archetypes such as the Agent, Ambassador, Counselor, and Gladiator.
- New player options, from homelands and backgrounds to the enigmatic Elder Race, new stories, talents, natures, and war stories.
- Guidelines for running court-based campaigns and campaigns set in the dreamy, ancient, and mysterious world of Kull.
- A variety of adventure seeds as well as a ready-to-play adventure, “The Rookery of Umra-Zhul”.