1 x Mini adventure folder
Five mini modules, perfect for one-shots and CON events. Created for the 17th century minimalist system, but easily compatible with other old school games and systems. THE ADVENTURES
- Wild Witch Chase plays with moral and religious beliefs. It is horrible and players should feel extremely guilty, if they play the module as intended.
- Ticking Time Bomb is a parody of mercantile wars. These were common, for instance, in Italy, divided into several conflicting city-states.
- Black Plague Now throws players into the horrors of 17th century plague. The 1348 Black Death remains unrivalled, but the 1600s saw some nasty cases.
- Hedge Death Maze hints at the lavish, baroque, wasteful and arrogant nobility, on the brink of being exceeded by a rising bourgeoisie.
- Finally, Cluster Fuck Inn flirts with secret societies, complots, alchemy and science, typical of the 1600s.
1 x 17th century minimalist
Welcome to the 17th century minimalist. This is a fast-paced and highly-deadly game with a pinch of black humour that puts characters as wanderers in 17th century Europe. You will play as tricksters, thieves, former soldiers, bankrupt swashbucklers and petty physicians, roaming the Old Continent in search of coin and glory. The system is designed to allow fast character creation, compatibility with other games (mostly in the OSR community) and a reckless style of play.
- All rules are simplified and compressed to their essence.
- It assumes a historical, low-fantasy setting in the 17th century.
- It has firearms with flintlocks.
- It does not have magic.
- Combat is faster, deadlier and scarier.
- Why? Because characters do not gain more HP in higher levels.
- It has novel mechanics for experience and reputation. The two together offer opportunities for a more narrative style of play.